Today while exploring the CRM, I found “status reason transitions” option of status reason field. This option is introduced many years back but I haven’t noticed. Status reason transitions are an optional additional level of filtering to define what the status reason value can be changed to for each status reason. That means it will restrict the users to select the status reason which is not valid based on current status reason. Follow the below steps to configure this in your environment.
- Open the Default solution.
- Navigate to the entity (Case for example).
- Go to Fields and open “statuscode” field.
- Click on the “Edit status reason transition” button on the top.
- A window will open to configure the status reason transition . The Current Status Reasons are available on the left and for each of the Current Status Reason you can specify the available New Status Reasons.
- Select “Enable Status Reason Transitions” check box and add the new status reasons based on your business need.
- Save and publish the changes.
In the above example, one of the business scenario is, I will not allow the users to select “Problem Solved” status reason from “On Hold”. User has to change it to “In Progress” in order to move to any other status reason.
Like this you can configure all your scenarios based on your business needs. This can be configured on both System and Custom entities.