I faced the below issue with connection when trying to run the fetchxml based reports in visual studio. The issue didn’t resolved even after the organization name specified in the connection string.
Cause: It is because of change in TSL support, Microsoft supports only TSL 1.2 going forward.
Solution: Create a new DWORD in registry of the machine where VS is running.
- Open registry editor (Run –> regedit)
- Navigate to this path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft.NETFramework\v4.0.30319”
- Right click on v4.0.30319 folder, select New and then DWORD (32-bit ) value
- Provide the values like below
- Value name: SchUseStrongCrypto
- Value data: 1
- Exit from the registry editor and restart the machine
That’s it, now you can run the fetchxml based report from VS without having any problems. Hope it helps you to resolve this issue.