A big change coming soon in model-driven apps. Stay tuned for more updates…
XrmToolBox Plugin SQL 4 CDS v5 is released with stunning features. Check out the below link for full details
A new feature in Power BI reports, now you can trigger a Power Automate from Power BI report. Want to know how? just follow the below blog post by Microsoft.
Have you ever got a requirement to update the related entity record data from the parent entity form? Now it’s possible with little bit of customization by using Form Component Custom Control.
I found the below article very useful to understand the api request limits.
Search this view capability which was added in the product with 2020 Release Wave 1, searches on the fields specified in quick find view, but takes into consideration the selected view definition, when performing the search.
This is enabled by default.
Here Search this view will perform the search within the selected view i.e. All Contacts in this case.
The results show 3 records found within the All Contacts view, for the search term “alex”
The same search term returns blank in the case of Inactive contacts is selected.
The same applies to the sub-grids
To turn off this, select Yes for Use quick find view of an entity for searching on grid and sub-grids from General tab of System Settings
After applying the above change, we can see the text renamed to Quick Find within the Search Box.
Searching now, irrespective of the view selected, will perform the…
View original post 28 more words
Now you can create a developer instance for learning and creating power apps. It will not expire unlike a trail instance.
Use the below link to know more about this.
Use the below link to create your developer instance.
Was going through the Model-Driven Apps documentation and found the below article
It talks about a Check access button on the command bar of a record which will list down all the rights/access/privileges on that particular record.
And also how the user has got those accesses, through security roles directly assigned or through the team the user belongs.
We can also check the access of the other users as well through user lookup.
More on Access in Dynamics 365
Hope it helps..
Process Optimizations is a new feature added in the CDS / CRM Destination Component of KingswaySoft’s SSIS Integration Toolkit as part of November 2020 Release. Check other posts on SSIS and Dynamics 365 https://nishantrana.me/2020/10/16/ssis-kingswaysoft-and-dynamics-365/ These options if enabled, will turn off or disable plugin, workflow, entity auditing during pre-execution temporarily, during the writing process, and […]Process Optimization – Dynamics 365 CE / CRM / CDS SSIS Integration toolkit – KingswaySoft
In my previous blog I explained the issues that I faced while POA entity migration. Here I will explain the whole process that I followed to migrate the personal views with sharing information. I used kingsway soft adapter for my migration process.
We have 2 steps to migrate the data
- Source CRM –> Intermediate database.
- I enabled “Data Export Services” on the source instance to push the data into intermediate database.
- Since “userquery” entity is not available in “Data Export Services”, I Designed a simple SSIS Package with source (Dynamics CRM) and destination (OLE DB) components.
- We have to impersonate the owner of the personal view in the Dynamics CRM Source component to read this information.
- So we have to run this package multiple times based on the user count.
- Intermediate database –> Target CRM
- Designed 2 more SSIS Packages to push “userquery” and “principalobjectaccess” (share) information to Target CRM instance.
- userquery package is pretty straightforward with source (OLE DB) and destination (Dynamics CRM) components. So I am not explaining much about this package.
- But we faced some issues which I explained in the previous blog while migrating “principalobjectaccess” data. I followed the below process to migrate this data.
- Created a SQL View in intermediate database on “principaobjectaccess” table by joining the “userquery” table to get the owner of the personal view.
- I used this view in “OLE DB” source component to read the data.
- This owner field should be mapped to “impersonateas” field in the destination component, so that internally the share request will be executed under owner context.
- Batch size should be 1 in the Dynamics CRM Destination component, otherwise it will not process all the records.
This process is same to migrate personal charts (userqueryvisualization) and dashboards (userform) also. Hope this information is helpful.